|| OFFICIAL |
This procedure applies to University Administrators, Faculty and Staff
- All current or future sponsorship marketing agreements, inclusive of extensions and renewals of grandfathered agreements, must be communicated to, reviewed by and approved by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
- OCM is the only department with authorized signatory authority on all sponsorship agreements or marketing contracts. Individual units or departments should not contract directly with a sponsor on behalf of the University.
- Any agreement that provides marketing access to university audience’s en masse (e.g. all students, all faculty, all staff, all alumni, all visitors) are only managed and executed by OCM in partnership with Procurement Services.
- If a unit identifies a prospective sponsor for a specific activity or asset, they must contact OCM to gain approval and ultimately execution of the final agreement.
- OCM will be present on any department-specific Request for Proposal where sponsorship or marketing value could be a portion of agreement with the potential vendor, as determined by OCM and Procurement Services.
- Anyone responsible for compliance of any type is responsible for notifying the Office of Communications & Marketing of any prohibitions relative to sponsorship.
All exceptions to the policy must have prior approval from OCM, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For more information about this policy, including the rationale for the policy and definitions, please visit the Sponsorship Policy page.
Campus Sponsorship activities will be monitored by OCM in cooperation with Procurement Services. There will be an annual review by the Sponsorship Advisory Committee.
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
RESPONSIBLE UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENT/DIVISION
Sally Molsberger – Director, Procurement Services
Service Complex, University of Louisville
Louisville, KY 40292
The University Policy and Procedure Library is updated regularly. In order to ensure a printed copy of this document is current, please access it online at http://louisville.edu/policies.